[Samba] Samba setting read only on document on share

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Tue Jun 1 06:49:45 MDT 2010

SNIP

> group::r-x
> group:domain\040users:r-x
> group:dnsupdateproxy:r-x
> group:Writers:rwx
> group:BUILTIN\134administrators:rwx
> group:10045:rwx
> mask::rwx
> other::---
> default:user::rwx
> default:group::r-x
> default:group:domain\040users:r-x

SNIP

> Is it because the first default group that I have highlighted in bold
> only has read and execute perms???...

Yep, your group perm ACLs are the problem.  I usually like to use a
Windo$e workstation to set complex file and directory perms.  Just log
in to a Wind0$e box with Administrator (or "root" mapped user) and use
it to set user and group perms on the files and directories on the
share.  Double check that they set correctly by doing a getfacl from
the shell prompt on the *nix box.

Cheers,