[Samba] Slow with some applications

alexander at nautae.eti.br alexander at nautae.eti.br
Fri Jul 30 16:11:58 MDT 2010

Hi.

Excuse my English.

I have a huge problem here.

I have the following scenario:

- Gentoo
- Kernel 2.6.31
- Samba 3.0.37
- OpenLDAP
- Samba + OpelLDAP as a PDC
- 600 users
- 20 groups
- 30 simultaneous users in the highest scenario
- It's a very small scenario anyway

Everything works fine, the times to copy files are fine, no delay at all!

But one application, a Delphi + Paradox application, spends more than 5
minutes to open and to do each possible operation.

That application doesn't has any network user, it has its own user
"database" and it's only an *.exe file in a share.

The network is ok, only five users connected and doing nothing.

I've blamed the application at the first time, but I have too a testing
Samba system running in an Slackware, without OpenLDAP, and when I've tried
with that, the application have run fine.

I'm going crazy here...

I've checked my kernel, smb.conf, ldap.conf, slapd.conf, everything seems
ok.

So, I'll put here all my configuration files, sorry if it is an abuse.

Can someone help me? I'm desperate...

== smb.conf ==

[global]
workgroup = EXAMPLE
netbios name = REALM
server string = REALM %v
security = user
smb ports = 139
encrypt passwords = yes
use sendfile = no
lock spin time = 15
strict locking = no
getwd cache = yes
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
wins support = yes
load printers = yes
log level = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
os level = 64
local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = %g.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
dns proxy = no
ldap passwd sync = yes
interfaces = 10.0.0.246 127.0.0.1
ldap delete dn = yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
ldap suffix = dc=example,dc=com
ldap group suffix = ou=grupos
ldap user suffix = ou=people
ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
create mask = 600
directory mask = 0700
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd '%u'
delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel '%u'
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m '%u' '%g'
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x '%u' '%g'
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g '%g' '%u'
add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd '%g' &&
/usr/sbin/smbldap-groupshow %g|awk '/^gidNumber:/ {print $2}'
delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel '%g'
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
dos charset = UTF-8
unix charset = UTF-8

== ldap.conf ==

base dc=example,dc=com
uri ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap_version 3
binddn cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
bindpw mysecret
rootbinddn cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
scope sub
bind_policy soft
pam_filter objectclass=posixAccount
pam_login_attribute uid
pam_check_host_attr yes
pam_member_attribute memberUid
pam_password md5
nss_base_passwd ou=people,dc=example,dc=com?sub
nss_base_passwd ou=computers,dc=example,dc=com?sub
nss_base_group  ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com?sub

== slapd.conf ==

include     /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/collective.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/corba.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/duaconf.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/dyngroup.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/java.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/pmi.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/ppolicy.schema
#include     /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
include     /etc/openldap/schema/edem.schema

include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/samba3.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/gosystem.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/gofon.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/goto.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/goto-mime.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/gosa-samba3.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/gofax.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/openssh-lpk.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/goserver.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/gosa/sudo.schema

pidfile         /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/openldap/slapd.args

database        hdb
suffix          "dc=example,dc=com"
checkpoint      32      30
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com"
rootpw          {MD5}mpyPHbsbsDwVEh4iNAAAA==
directory       /var/lib/openldap-data

index   objectClass     eq

== .config kernel ==

# DOS/FAT/NT Filesystems
CONFIG_FAT_FS=y
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=y
CONFIG_VFAT_FS=y
CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_CODEPAGE=437
CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_IOCHARSET="iso8859-1"
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y
# CONFIG_NTFS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_NTFS_RW is not set

# Pseudo filesystems