[Samba] getent acting unreliable with idmap_ad

Robert Grasso robert.grasso+nv at cedrat.com
Fri Jul 30 09:45:00 MDT 2010

Hello,

I personally solved my stability issues when, rather than letting Samba find automatically the AD servers, I stated them clearly :

- I stated clearly my "password server =" in smb.conf
- I stated clearly my /etc/krb5.conf

I am running on CentOS 5.5, samba 3.0.33.

Apart from that : I have installed SFU on my Windows 2003 AD servers; to me, it seems that getent passwd <username> yields a result
for the accounts which have an Unix account declared in AD through the "Unix attributes", and only for these ones (?).

Regards

---
Robert GRASSO – System engineer

CEDRAT S.A.
15 Chemin de Malacher - Inovallée - 38246 MEYLAN cedex - FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 76 90 50 45 - Fax: +33 (0)4 56 38 08 30
mailto:robert.grasso at cedrat.com - http://www.cedrat.com