[Samba] [samba] DNS update failed!

Alexander R. Fahrutdinov alex_mgsm at mail.ru
Thu Jul 29 06:21:03 MDT 2010

В сообщении от 29 июля 2010 09:08:29 автор Alexander R. Fahrutdinov написал:
> В сообщении от 28 июля 2010 18:10:29 автор k.maksimov написал:
> > Alexander R. Fahrutdinov wrote:

> It seems, secure DNS update has broken in samba. I tried to use different
> versions of samba (3.2.4, 3.4.4, 3.5.4, etc), but always got an error
> during DNS update, in spite of "wbinfo -t" and "net ads info" commands
> output was OK.
>
> Secure DNS update via nss-update script has sucssefully completed, but it
> requires a domain admin creditionals.
> Guys from http://rc.quest.com/topics/ddns/old.php create a patch for nss-
> update and GSSAPI library to use machine account instead admin one, but I
> don't try this.
>
> So, I don't promise to disable the secure DNS update, because it decrease
> AD security.
>
> Perghaps, somebody tell us, what we doing wrong?

Earlier I tested DNS update on samba package included in Debian Etch, Lenny
and testing Debian branch.

Now I download CentOS distribution and try to update DNS via "net ads dns
register -P" command. I'm surprised when command reports "Successfully
registered hostname with DNS" with samba 3.0.33 and 3.5.4 versions.

So, it isn't samba problem, but problem of specific distribution.

And what's your distribution?