[Samba] windows 7 professional Samba share access denied

motty.cruz motty.cruz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:07:48 MDT 2010

Hello,
I'm a newbie to this list and hope I'm in the right place.

I have a FreeBSD 7.1 running samba  version 3.3 with windows 2000 AD. I can
access the share using ip address of the share machine but if I try to
access using \\sambaShare\folder1 it prompt me for username and password,
(it should not prompt me for username and password because i already login
to the domain). However, I entered username and password and I get an error
message "username or password incorrect" although I entered correct username
and password. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-motty