[Samba] wbinfo -u and -g work, wbinfo -s works only for some users

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 13:00:48 MDT 2010

On 27 July 2010 10:29, Danilo Godec <danilo.godec at agenda.si> wrote:
> While my situation is a bit different (no AD server, Samba is PDC for
> the domain, using OpenLDAP for users, groups, ...), I tried running your
> Perl script in 'Wizard' mode, but it fails (using perl 5.8.3):
> # ./UID2SID.pl
> syntax error at ./UID2SID.pl line 204, near "= ;"
> syntax error at ./UID2SID.pl line 239, near "= ;"
> syntax error at ./UID2SID.pl line 380, near "= ;"
> syntax error at ./UID2SID.pl line 404, near "=  ) "
> syntax error at ./UID2SID.pl line 410, near "}"
> Execution of ./UID2SID.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

It seems something was lost in translation :)

These errors appear to be because all instances of "<RES>" have been
stripped from the script you tried to run.  Perhaps your browser got
rid of them somehow.

Anyway, the first one should be:
    my( @lines ) = <RES>;

where you seem to have:
    my( @lines ) = ;

The other ones I checked are similar.

Hope that helps.

Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>

More information about the samba mailing list