[Samba] removing user files (was: Re: Odd random roaming profile issues)

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at me.com
Mon Jul 26 15:28:21 MDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Donny Brooks might have said:

> I will look in the logs of the next one, have one coming in to be redone
> tomorrow. But it is odd that I can remove their profile from the pc
> totally and make it pull the server side and it still fails.

I removed a profile from a user's PC and the user's login and hive was
really messed up. I have the same samba/openldap setup that you described,
though less servers. I'm not a windows admin (I prefer unix), so I don't
understand why just removing the user's files from C:\Users\$USER had
an issue.

Mike