[Samba] samba 3.3 with LDAP - How To change passwor from WIndows

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Tue Jul 27 00:33:17 MDT 2010

You need in your smb.conf :
passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd -u %u
Did you install ldapadmin: http://ldapadmin.sourceforge.net/ ??
In your Ldap-Configuration this have to be set:
sambaPwdCanChange = 1 for each user
You can find it in ldapadmin edit entry of each user
If you have any questions call me

Greetings Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV