[Samba] Samba / LDAP passwords

Ssureshot ssureshot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:28:56 MDT 2010

Hello,

Ubuntu 9.10 Server / Samba 3.4 with an ldap backend

I'm looking for some explanation on how a few options work together to make
passwords work properly. I have some accounts that have the sambaAcctFlag
[UX] and that should set it so their passwords don't expire correct?

This doesn't seem to be the case as they need changed sometimes... (continue
on)

My next question is this..

Does this possibly have to do with the global account policy that sets the
passwords to expire after 360 days in my case?  ( I will be lowering this)
I understand that this corresponds with the password last set and calculates
each time the user logs in and sets it to sambaPwdMustChange?

When a user password is set it changes the
sambaPwdMustChage to 360 days in the future and when I change the account
flags to never expire the sambapwdmustchange does not change..

The main question is this,,,, How can I specify some users passwords to
never expire and leave account policy decide the rest?

And I guess why is this not working for me...