[Samba] wbinfo -u and -g work, wbinfo -s works only for some users
danilo.godec at agenda.si
Mon Jul 26 07:01:55 MDT 2010
Got a problem after upgrading Samba from 3.0 to 3.5 - have a bunch of
users and groups in LDAP and things work for the most part.
However, when people try to change permissions from within Windows, some
usernames or groupnames are shown properly, but other are not - they see
Following up I noticed, that I can get a list of all users with 'wbinfo
-u' and that I can get a SID for every user with 'wbinfo -n $USER'.
However, for about 70% of all SIDs listed a 'reverse lookup' with 'wbinf
-s $SID' doesn't work:
> S-1-5-21-239950015-4237961228-1280988766-3060 Could not lookup sid
It works for some and it turns out that this relates to what usernames
are visible in Windows...
I checked my LDAP and compared some of the users that work to some of
those that don't, but there are no apparent differences.
Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora / system administration
Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran www.agenda.si
ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT : IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA
Visit our updated web page at www.agenda.si
OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING : SOFTWARE
More information about the samba