[Samba] Cannot browse domain user list with 3.5.4
ciradhb.forward at laposte.net
Sun Jul 25 23:18:13 MDT 2010
My database backend is tdbsam :
passdb backend = tdbsam:/usr/local/samba/private/passdb.tdb
I have done exactly the same procedure to upgrade from 3.2.7 to 3.3.2
without any problem.
Is there something new about privileges in 3.5 ?
De : tms3 at tms3.com [mailto:tms3 at tms3.com]
Envoyé : samedi 24 juillet 2010 10:17
À : henri
Cc : samba at lists.samba.org
Objet : Re: [Samba] Cannot browse domain user list with 3.5.4
Does anyone have any idea about this problem ? I can't migrate because of
Thanks in advance .
What's your database backend.
I am using Samba as a Domain Controler without AD nor LDAP. Everything works
fine for a long time with samba 3.3.2.
I am trying to upgrade to the latest samba release 3.5.4 .
Here is the procedure I followed :
- download, configure , and make samba 3.5.4
- stop the samba daemon (3.3.2 )
- backup the /usr/local/samba tree where samba 3.3.2 is installed
- make install , (in the same location as 3.3.2 )
- restart the samba daemon (3.5.4)
After doing some tests, everything seems to work ok.
Except that :
- when trying to use usrmgr.exe as a Domain Admin , I can't connect to the
domain , I got the message : "do you want to select another domain to
- when I try to list the domain users (for adding Permissions to share a
folder, or adding a domain user in a local group), I only see the domain
groups, no domain users.
Is it a known issue ?
Does it have something to do with Domain Admin rights ?
Please help !
Thanks in advance
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
More information about the samba