[Samba] Cannot browse domain user list with 3.5.4

henri ciradhb.forward at laposte.net
Sat Jul 24 00:15:18 MDT 2010

Does anyone have any idea about this  problem ? I can't migrate because of
it .
Thanks in advance .

Hi,

I am using Samba as a Domain Controler without AD nor LDAP. Everything works
fine for a long time with samba 3.3.2.
I am trying to upgrade to the latest samba release 3.5.4 .

Here is the procedure I followed :
    - download, configure , and make samba 3.5.4
    - stop the samba daemon (3.3.2 )
    - backup the /usr/local/samba tree where samba 3.3.2 is installed
    - make install , (in the same location as 3.3.2 )
    - restart the samba daemon (3.5.4)

After doing some tests, everything seems to work ok.
Except that :
- when trying to use usrmgr.exe as a Domain Admin , I can't connect to the
domain , I got the message : "do you want to select another domain to
administer"
- when I try to list the domain users (for adding Permissions to share a
folder, or adding a domain user in a local group), I only see the domain
groups, no domain users.

Is it a known issue ?
Does it have something to do with Domain Admin rights ?

Please help !

Thanks in advance

Henri