[Samba] Pittfals Windows 7 and samba 3.3.8 (centos 5.5), LDAP BE - joining domain

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Jul 21 08:24:45 MDT 2010

Hi,

recently I got my samba/ldap/pdc setup up and running with xp clients.

Server: centos 5.5, openldap-2.3.43-12 and samba3x-3.3.8.

The new challenge: adding Windows 7 Clients and upgrading to samba 3.3.x

I followed a posting from the centos forum (1) which worked so far for
the samba update breaking nothing for xp.

Than I installed a windows 7 client with the latest patches, changed the
registry settings (2) and tried a domyin join after a reboot.

But there is only an error that the user is unknown or the password wrong.

AFAIK I'm using the user/password which work with the xp client.

What may be the error? Where can I see which user shld be allowed to join?

Thanks for any suggestion and best regards,

	Götz

(1)
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=27098&forum=37

(2) http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt