[Samba] Samba + Winbind + Windows 2003 AD

Necos Secon secon_kun at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:12:47 MDT 2010

Ah, I'm a Slackware user myself (and I still do sometimes use their binaries for samba when I don't need AD support). I'm not sure if the Fedora package is compiled with AD support, but an ldd `which smbd` will answer that question. You do have the proper options that I mentioned enabled, so this might be an issue elsewhere. Have you tried reinitializing the kerberos ticket with kinit? The other thing to be sure to check is the clock skew. By default, it's 5 minutes in Windows 2003 and higher (not sure about other versions off-hand). Use an ntpdate script (or some other method) to keep the clocks in sync. Hopefully, that helps some.