[Samba] Samba-LDAP Password Expiration Reminder Script

Bill Baird billbaird3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:28:23 MDT 2010

I am currently running Samba (3.0.33) on CentOS 5 with an OpenLDAP back-end.
I would like to be able to have a script run that would look at the
sambaPwdLastSet attribute, compare it to the current time and then if
needed...email the user a reminder to change their password. I have never
written any scripts that reference the LDAP directory, so I'm hoping there
is something out there that I can modify or reference for my own script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--Bill