[Samba] RAW_ACLS smbtorture test

Nagaraj Shyam Nagaraj_Shyam at symantec.com
Wed Jul 14 12:25:52 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I wanted to check the state of the ACL evaluation engine in samba.  I
have configured my linux sles 10, samba version 3.5.1-3.3-2332 with "ea
support = yes", "store dos attributes=yes", "vfs objects = acl_xattr"
and get lots of error + some failure messages.

I attached the results of running the test against both samba as well as
native windows 2003 cifs server.

Finally the test itself seems to error out.

Are there known issues in the samba acl evaluation engine?  Is it being
worked on?

Thank you for any information/suggestions.

Regards.

-Shyam