[Samba] Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data

Hudgins, Katrinka katrinka.hudgins at lmco.com
Tue Jul 13 11:07:29 MDT 2010

Hello!

Our security department recently implemented the Digital Signing settings on our Windows 2003 domain controller.  I'm trying to set up a RHEL5 server to simply act as a file server, although I'm able to join the domain successfully, I'm getting errors when I attempt to access the RH server from the Windows side.  The error I get is:

"Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed"

Now googling this problem I've found several posts that indicated that I need to disable the following:

Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always)

The problem is, I cannot do that.  So, I'm hoping that there may be a work around for this on the Samba side.

I have loaded the most recent version of Samba (3.5).

Thank you in advance for your help!