[Samba] Windows/Linux groups combined

Chad McCan camccan at multiservice.com
Tue Jul 13 10:17:32 MDT 2010

My scenario: I have a Windows AD group call "Creative Team". I also have
outside users, who are not in AD that connect directly to my RHEL 5.5 Linux
Samba system. They have a local user account. They are members of the local
group "cr2". How can I map the groups so that any Windows user in "Creative
Team", can access any directory with group permissions to "cr2"?

I've tried net groupmap, but that doesn't seem to be doing what I want to
do. I'd just prefer the 2 groups to act the same.

Thanks in advance.

Chad McCan