[Samba] samba3 domain client not auth some users

Dirk Kleinhesselink dkleinh at phy.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 12 12:12:14 MDT 2010

I have a samba3 domain controller and a bunch of linux/windows
clients.  One of my users came to me with trouble trying to
access one of the linux clients.  He was getting the:
NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS error.  However the client machine
had no trouble with my credentials, or with another set of
user credentials.  I reset his password on the samba3 DC
and verified that the DC would authenticate via smbclient directly on
the DC but then again with this one client, his credentials give the No
Logon Servers error, whereas mine and at least one other have no problem.
I would also point out that this user has no trouble with other domain
members, just this one.

Any help or advice ?

Thanks,

Dirk