[Samba] Samba4 FreBSD

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 07:07:25 MDT 2010

On 12 July 2010 14:30,  <tms3 at tms3.com> wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>>> /usr/bin/nsupdate: cannot specify -g    or -o, program not linked with
>>> GSS API Library
>>>
>>> I've looked through the script, and cannot find these options called.
>>> If anyone can point me to where they're called I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> nsupdate is (usually) part of the nameserver "bind" (named) package.
>>
>> At least "named" itself writes the build-in compile options to the
>> (kernel)
>> system logfile - after being started.
>>
>> If you don't see the build option
>>   --with-gssapi
>
> Yes quite, but there are issue with bind and gssapi on FreeBSD, and if I
> could find out in the scripts where the options are called and turn them
> off, I could work forward from there in debubbing.

I think you're looking for the "nsupdate command" parameter in the
smb.conf file.

I'm sure I've seen it documented somewhere, but it's in
source4/param/loadparm.c anyway:

param/loadparm.c:       lp_do_global_parameter(lp_ctx, "nsupdate
command", "/usr/bin/nsupdate -g");

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>