[Samba] two PDCs

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Mon Jul 12 06:42:18 MDT 2010

It makes very little sense to have multiple PDC's, and only adds to
both administrative and user confusion IMHO.  Give the present
workings of OpenLDAP, just pick a replication strategy the makes sense
and use a single domain.   I've built and run a single domain on a 15
node VPN with multi-master OpenLDAP backend, and it is remarkably
resilient.

> How are you intending to keep roaming profiles in sync (the files on
> the server, not the stuff in LDAP)?  Are you going to use rsync?

Unless users jump from office to office, why bother.  I would set road
warriors with local profiles and and sync their stuff in a manner
appropriate to there schedules/primary location.