[Samba] two PDCs

Tamás Pisch pischta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 02:37:33 MDT 2010

2010/7/12 Scott Grizzard <scott at scottgrizzard.com>

> > Of course, my users only visited each others' offices "occasionally".
> >> If you have tons of movement between the offices, a one-domain
> >> solution may be forced upon you...
> >>
> >> Unfortunately, a lot of users are roaming users (teachers with laptop,
> and
> > users). My plan is that I will set up separate profile shares on both
> side,
> > but at least they can use their own username and even change their
> password.
> > So, I would like to try the multi-PDC scenario with master and slave LDAP
> > server, but I worry about a little.
> >

> How are you intending to keep roaming profiles in sync (the files on
> the server, not the stuff in LDAP)?  Are you going to use rsync?
>
> No, it won't be a 100% solution: the profiles will be independent (but it
will be a progress, comparing with the present situation: now, there is a
workgroup there, and no central server...). For laptop users it won't be a
problem: Windows syncs the locally stored profile to the server. For others,
it will be a little unconfortable: they will have two different profiles.
The SaMBa examples deal with relative small profiles, but here are bigger
profiles: 30-100MB, and even bigger for teachers. I excluded only the
Documents folder from the profile dir.