[Samba] smbcquotas tells me that "quotas are not enabled"

Luke Hamilton graf_ignotiev at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 14:05:38 MDT 2010

I think you're right in that quotas aren't enabled on the NAS itself and there
doesn't appear to be any way of doing so.  If I'm to do this, I may have to
invent some way of enforcing quotas for the remote machine at the client.

But before I get elbow deep in Perl code, I want to try putting a quota on one
of the Samba shares.  Is that possible?