[Samba] Cross subnet browsing + OpenVPN

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Fri Jul 9 06:42:07 MDT 2010

This is a matter of network design, and has nothing to do whatsoever
with the issue at hand.  Further:

Server configuration file

> dev tun
> ifconfig 10.8.0.1 10.8.0.2
> secret static.keyClient configuration file
>
> remote myremote.mydomain
> dev tun
> ifconfig 10.8.0.2 10.8.0.1
> secret static.key

http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/documentation/miscellaneous/78-static-key-mini-howto.html

Which makes for a nice network to network setup for two locations
connected via a wan link.

Why not shift the discussion to weather we should use IPSEC and racoon
instead of OpenVPN, or perhaps we should scrap all that and argue that
he should be using Cisco vpn gateways altogether?

GUH!