[Samba] DNS update fails with Kerberos 1.8 on Ubuntu 10.04

Khaled Blah khaled.blah at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 8 03:13:01 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I've run into a problem regarding the DNS update while joining a
domain. The joining of the domain worked but the domain update
(enabled with --with-dnsupdate) did not. I could solve the issue by
compiling Samba with older Kerberos libs (1.6.3). I know that Kerberos
1.8 disables DES by default and I can re-enable it
allow_weak_crypto=true, however that did not work. I'd like to be able
to use the standard krb5 libs however and thus my question: does
anyone have any experience on what to do in this case?

Regards,
Khaled