[Samba] net ads testjoin

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Tue Jul 6 11:01:08 MDT 2010

On Tuesday 06/07/2010 at 8:03 am, Khaled Blah  wrote:
> It seems you didn't even read my initial question. Quoting myself
> here:

It seems you are asking for the answer to the ultimate question, the
answer of which is 42.  However, you haven't asked THE question.

> <quote>
> Now, I use "net" to join Windows AD domains and was wondering where I
> can find out more information on what happens during a "net ads
> testjoin".
It tests the validity of the Samba server's AD machine account status.
 You can see what's happening with wireshark or other packet sniffer.

> The information I found on the documentation pages of net
> or smb.conf on the website did not say much about it. I have noticed
> that a "testjoin" will ask for a password when the domain membership
> is not valid and it'll ignore kerberos tickets. Is there something I
> am missing here?

I dunno, what are you looking for?