[Samba] Samba Scenario

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:23:56 MDT 2010

Linux ext3 and ext4 file systems should support acl's, which allow for
multiple users and groups and the more fine grained controls you are
looking for.    The "setfacl" and "getfacl" commands should verify if
this is working.

I am running Samba on Solaris with the zfs file system- so this is not
exactly your situation.   However it does demonstrate that Unix-to-Samba
ACL support does work  (although not always perfectly.)

"testparm -v | grep acl" should let you know which options are available
for smb.conf