[Samba] Cross subnet browsing + OpenVPN

tms3 at tms3.com tms3 at tms3.com
Tue Jul 6 06:50:29 MDT 2010

SNIP

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem with cross subnet browsing and name resolution
> across
> an openvpn tunnel. i've found quite a few people who've had the same
> on
> mail lists but none of their fixes have worked. The spec of the setups
> at
> both ends of the tunnel are as follows:

                 "remote announce = 192.168.2.255/NEWDOM
192.168.1.255/NEWDOM
                  remote browse sync = 192.168.1.255 192.168.2.255"

This looks odd to me.

remote announce = <wins server ip>/<DOMNAME>
remote browse sync = <wins server ip>

NEEDED in both smb.conf

wins server = <wins server ip>

Can't remember default for this setting sooooo

enhanced browsing = Yes

in both smb.conf

DHCP should point clients to headoffice for WINS.  WINS proxy is not
useful.