[Samba] Synchronisation using LDAP

Jorijn Schrijvershof jorijn at jorijn.com
Mon Jul 5 13:58:58 MDT 2010

Hi,

On Jul 5, 2010, at 21:52 :42, Michael Wood wrote:

> No, I don't think so.  From Jorijn's e-mail I thought Google's LDAP
> server stored in these formats.  Perhaps I misunderstood.
>
> I think it depends on which direction the sync is supposed to happen.
> From google to Samba or the other way or both ways.

It is supposed to be sync'ed from samba to google. Google accepts passwords stored in sha1, md5 or plaintext. So I need a way to make samba additionally store these passwords in a separate LDAP attribute. I know there is a DLL for windows so theoretically it would be possible.

--
Jorijn Schrijvershof