[Samba] Synchronisation using LDAP

Jorijn Schrijvershof jorijn at jorijn.com
Mon Jul 5 01:28:43 MDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Sorry, I accidentally did not send my initial reply to the list.
>
> I am not sure this will be possible unless you use plain text
> passwords because I believe Windows uses its own hashing algorithms.
> I don't know anything about Google's LDAP server/schema, but if you
> authenticate as an admin user I think you should be able to access the
> passwords.  You might need to fiddle with the access control settings
> if you have access to that.
>
> --
> Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>

Thanks for your reply, I don't mind using plain text passwords, I tend to
protect the database carefully and syncronisation is a must, since we're
deploying google apps to all our users. When logging in with the built in
administrator the passwords attributes seems empty (userPassword,
unicodePwd, etc.). Any ideas?

--
Jorijn Schrijvershof