[Samba] Set ACLs on Samba share from Windows

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 18:26:47 MDT 2010

It works for me -  Solaris 10, ZFS file system, configured as a PDC or BDC

#testparm -v | grep "acl "

        acl compatibility = auto
        acl check permissions = Yes
        acl group control = No
        acl map full control = Yes
        force unknown acl user = No
        nt acl support = Yes
        map acl inherit = No

If you are on linux, ext3 and ext4 should support acl's.

Can you use "setfacl" to change permissions on a file on the unix level
using the uid of a domain user?
Can you, in windows, set permissions for someone defined as a local user?
That might indicated if the problem is really with ACL's or if the problem
is with winbind retrieving users from the domain controller.  (Although
getent seems to indicate that that winbind is not the problem.)