[Samba] sambaLogonScript problem

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Sat Jul 3 08:58:26 MDT 2010

> All my users are set with "%G.bat" in the ldap backend, but the vast
> majority of the users are not running the scripts, or running partially.

I also have my logon scripts set to "%G.bat" and they run perfectly.

Are your scripts in DOS format? They must be, because they are read by
the Windows side. Use the command unix2dos to make sure that all lines
end with CR+LF, as used by standard text files under DOS/Windows.

One thing I once noticed was that the Samba account attribute
"sambaLogonScript" must ONLY be set for a user if it DIFFERS from what
is specified in "smb.conf". Otherwise, the script wouldn't run. I found
this with the Samba 3.1x family, I don't know if that still applies.