[Samba] Default Hidden Disk Shares

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:04:28 MDT 2010

Sharing of complete$ drives may  no longer be a default in WinVista / 2008.

Some of the other$ shares such as IPC$ and ADMIN$ may be needed to
manage your Linux shares remotely using windows compmgmt.msc and
remote registry.

http://book.opensourceproject.org.cn/sysadmin/samba/sambao3rd/opensource/0596007698/samba3-chp-9-sect-7.html