[Samba] joining 2008 DC

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Fri Jul 2 00:19:34 MDT 2010

Note, that you try to do the oposite. Adding Windows to a Smaba PDC and
not Samba to a 2008 AD.

Nevertheless, I successfully added a Windows 2008 server to my Samba
P.D.C. by doing the same steps as for Windows 7.

See http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Op 1-7-2010 20:30, Indexer schreef:
> On 02/07/2010, at 3:34 AM, Nick Couchman wrote:
>

>> We have several Samba systems of varying versions joined to our Windows
>> Server 2008 Active Directory domain.  I don't recall having to do
>> anything special to get it working.
>>

> That is interesting, as i have just been tearing out my hair for a few hours attempting to get a server 2008 system to join the samba PDC. What version of samba are you using?
>
> William

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica
Chopinlaan 27