[Samba] joining 2008 DC

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Thu Jul 1 12:04:47 MDT 2010

We have several Samba systems of varying versions joined to our Windows
Server 2008 Active Directory domain.  I don't recall having to do
anything special to get it working.

-Nick

>>> On 2010/06/30 at 09:23, <Jiri.KOUTNIK at rb.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have installed  Samba version 3.3.7 on AIX server.
> So we use AIX version 6.1
> samba sw pware.samba.rte 3.3.7.0
>
> actually connected to WIN 2003 DC
>
> We would like to upgrade our DC to WIN 2008, so the question is:
>
> can we stay with installed Samba and go towards to upgrade DC to
WIN2008 ?
> or do we have to also upgrade Samba itself ? I mean before joining
the new
> domain on WIN 2008 DC.
>
> thanx alot for your answer,
>
> best regards,
>

> Ji*í Koutník
> RaiffeisenBank, a.s.
> tel:       +420 222 115 105
> mobil: +420 603 808 302
> Czech Republic

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.