[Samba] plreoblem how to reset the password of samba ldap user

Niyati Dave Niyati.Dave at nextek.in
Thu Jul 1 04:34:20 MDT 2010

HI all

I am facing a problem to reset the password of a user in ldap + samba 3.  Samba is working fine with ldap backend and users are able to login to domain.

In ldap I have a user - Adminisrator
I want to reset its password, tried the commands
'Smbldap-passwd Administrator'
Also 'smbpasswd Administrator' ,but that password is nt working when I try to login or access shares using smbclient or to the pc.

What is the exact way to reset a password of a user in samba + openldap environment so it is able to login to domain.
Please note that I also have ldap password sync = yes enabled in my smb.conf

Thanks in advance, will appreciate an early response

Niyati Dave