[Samba] Options for responding to this group?
John H Terpstra
jht at samba.org
Fri Jan 15 07:42:18 MST 2010
On 01/15/2010 07:54 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> Is the only option for responding to posts in this group to receive ALL of
> the messages posted in this group by email?
1) Subscribers to the samba mailing list can control whether or not they
receive messages that are posted to the list. This is an on/off setting
in the subscribers' optional settings.
2) Subscribers who elect to receive messages posted to the list will
receive ALL messages postings.
3) There is no option to filter on message subject.
4) List subscribers can post to the list. Messages sent by a subscriber
will be sent directly to the list.
5) Non-subscribers can also post to the list. Messages sent by a
non-subscriber will be held for moderation. It is up to the moderator
to determine what will be accepted or rejected.
6) There are a number of moderators, each exercises his/her own discretion.
7) There have been (and possibly still are) subscribers who elect not to
receive postings to the mailing list.
8) Subscribers who elect not to receive postings CAN post to the list.
- John Terpstra
a list moderator
More information about the samba