[Samba] ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database

Robert Freeman-Day presgas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:43:19 MST 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, psycodue at tiscali.it wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 21:53:59 +0100 (CET)
> From: "psycodue at tiscali.it" <psycodue at tiscali.it>
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [Samba] ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database
> I'm having troubles in connecting an ubuntu server 6.06 LTS running
> samba 3.0.22 to a Windows 2008 Server AD domain,
> The same setting used
> for testing the join to a Windows 2003 Server AD domain works fine.
> When I try to join with net ads join -U Administrator I obtain the
> following error:
> [2010/01/08 10:18:01, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup
> (191)
> ads_connect: Server not found in Kerberos database
> I suppose
> that the problem is the samba version but unfortunately I cannot find a
> newer version for this distro.
> Is there a way to bypass the problem?
> Are there binary packages for ubuntu 6.06 compiled by someone?
> Any
> suggestion would be appreciated!
> Thanks in advance.
The version of samba you have installed has many difficulties joining to
2008 domains.  The version that fixes this is here:

However, the latest version for the 3.0 base is 3.0.36.  Additionally,
3.0.x is discontinued:

No matter what, you will likely have to install an updated version from
source.  While you are at it, you may want to look into using at least

Good Luck!

- ---Robert Freeman-Day
I would really like you to be on my side,
but the side you show me isn't what I had in mind.

- -Judybats
GPG Public Key:

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)