[Samba] Samba 3.2.5 / Debian Lenny var full

Didier Roques Didier.Roques at brive.unilim.fr
Thu Feb 18 04:14:27 MST 2010

Hi
 i've got a server with lenny installed on it with samba 3.2.5.

My problem is that the var partition is sometimes full. In fact, if i use
df command I watch the partition full, but if I use du command the
partition is not full.
If i use lsof command i see plenty of log samba files into /var/log/samba
wich are very big, i have
- to kill the process given by lsof  associated to log samba file (smbd
process)
- to restart samba
to see the partition not full.

Is there a bug with this official version of samba with lenny ? or have
you got a solution for me.

PS1: i've tried to put log level to 0 into the samba conf file and i've
got the same problem
PS2: i've got other servers with other versions of samba and debian and
i've got no problem.