[Samba] SAMBA and Windows 2008 TSE licence Server

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:15:00 MST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Mercier
<julien.mercier at pays-saint-marcellin.fr> wrote:

> I can't use the TSE licence server in Windows 2008 server. This Server is
> member of my Samba Domain. My TSE licence server is actived and my licences
> added, but when i want configure the TSE service and launch the Licence
> diagnostic the diagnostic failed.
>
> I think my problem is due to my Windows Server is not an Active Directory
> controller.
> What are the solutions : quit the domain? Activate AD on the server with an
> other domain? I would like my licence diagnostic work when my server join my
> Samba Domain.

you would have the same problem in an AD with a windows 2003 license
server. You need a 2008 license server. At least, this happened to us,
the 2008 TS would not use the 2003 license server and the event log
message was quite clear about why. It's been a while so I no longer
have the details handy, but upgrading to 2008 really means 'upgrade'.

--
natxo