[Samba] SAMBA and Windows 2008 TSE licence Server

Sun Feb 14 14:39:05 MST 2010

You are probably right. Remember that a Samba domain is based on a Windows NT technology, more than ten years old. Almost everything Microsoft now relies on Active Directory.

Create an Active Directory domain with a Windows domain controller, and make your Samba Server a member. Samba works beautifully in an AD domain, just not as controller.