[Samba] smbd panic due to negative exclusive oplock count

Sat Feb 13 08:45:15 MST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 12:19:41PM +0100, Georges Brom wrote:
> This issue has been reproduced on both servers with versions 3.3.9 and
> 3.3.10 on RHEL 5.4 64bits, not tested with older ones.
>

> A level 10 log extract around a PANIC is like that:

We need a *lot* more context to find this. Please open a bug
at bugzilla.samba.org and upload a full debug level 10 log
of smbd leading to this bug.

Please note that the default max log size is far too small
for this kind of debugging, please set it to 0 for this
test. And also note that smbd logfiles due to their
repetitive nature shrink a lot with bzip2 -9 :-)

If you have privacy concerns, feel free to close this bug to
be readable by the Samba-Team only, or alternatively send
the logfile to me directly. If that is not enough, we need
information how to reproduce the bug ourselves.

Thanks,

Volker