[Samba] Moving PDC from Fedora to RHEL5 - _net_auth2: creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request from client

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Feb 12 14:11:43 MST 2010

Paul Furness put forth on 2/12/2010 12:34 PM:

> It *may* be possible to re-join the domain with the workstation, but I'm
> fed up with doing that every time I upgrade...

Hi Paul.  Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but you didn't *upgrade* in this
scenario.  You *downgraded* in a big way.  Look at the revs on everything below.
 Every single one dropped far back in the time machine by moving to RHEL.  Any
distro with "Enterprise" or "Stable" in the name is bound to be quite a bit
behind the bleeding edge.  The free community distro versions are where the edge
development occurs.  You were running such an edgy distro and then went
"Enterprise".  That is never a good idea, and you are learning why in this case.
 You need to upgrade these packages back up to their previous revs, if you can.
 If not, put the identical Fedora setup on the new machine.

--
Stan