[Samba] Having problem with "valid users" in Active Directory/Samba environment

Eric Peterson ericrpeterson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 10 11:34:05 MST 2010

Bjoern,

OK I understand that you have created a directory on the Samba server.

I am not a Samba expert, so what I need to know is the configuration entered in the smb.conf that you are using.
You could run "testparm" to create the data, then edit it to replace any confidential information, e.g. replace the actual domain name with DOMAIN, or user names with USER.

If you could provide that information I would be most grateful.

Thanks,
Eric Peterson