[Samba] A question to Samba developers (or experienced users) about connections to a LDAP server using Unix sockets (LDAPI)

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Feb 9 06:30:45 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 21:04 +0000, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> > I couldn't find any significant answer by googling this.
> Oh well, I had just posted that when I found this :
> Samba connect ldap via socket
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-May/140869.html
> The following setting works fine for me on a Debian testing system
> and with openLDAP:
> [globals]
>       passdb backend = ldapsam:ldapi://

You can also specify the LDAPI socket path if your OpenLDAP server is
listening in a 'non-standard' location, like:

passdb backend = ldapsam:ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldap2.4%2fldapi

You have to escape the "/" elements of the path.
OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>