[Samba] Solidworks on Samba

tom burkart samba at aussec.com
Tue Feb 9 00:45:17 MST 2010

Quoting Miki Barzilay <miki at linuxisrael.net>:

> Dear friend,
> I saw your post
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-November/144686.html about running
> Solidworks with SAMBA as a file server.
> I'm getting the same issue with the ~files....
We have not got issues with the Solidworks lock files.  It is also
correct that running Solidworks data on a network drive is not
supported by Solidworks.

I am suspecting that there may be a permissions issue for your
particular share.  What we do here is have a user that is used as the
owner of the share and a group that everyone who wants to access the
share has to be part of.  In the config file for that share we have
the following settings among others:

         valid users = @design
         write list = @design
         force user = design