[Samba] problems with samba share

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Mon Feb 8 03:43:31 MST 2010

I believe the OP wants a solution for his variation of config which
should work but it does not.

I can only share my experience with upgrade to version 3.4.5. It was a
test upgrade so I did not log every change I did on server. However I
was receiving the same error and I did the following:

1. Added 'username map = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd' to smb.conf
/etc/samba/private/smbpasswd looks like this:

username:10001:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:3C480B57F58C3C0D7CD4893457944DEA:[U
         ]:LCT-4B6F029F:

2. I re-ran the smbpasswd command for username I was testing with.
After that, smbclient was again able to connect to server.

Hope this helps,
b.