[Samba] Windows Seven

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Thu Feb 4 13:12:44 MST 2010

Hello,

Le 04.02.2010 17:37, John Drescher a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Denis BUCHER<dbucherml at hsolutions.ch>  wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am sure this question was asked many times, but I read that Windows Seven
>> should work with Samba 3.2
>> We have SLES 11 (SuSE / Novell) and the version provided is smbd version
>> 3.2.7-11.6-2057-SUSE-CODE11
>>
>> Is it possible to join domain with Windows Seven to this version or is it
>> incompatible ?
>> I also read this, but it's not clear if 3.2.7 would also work or not ?
>
> I am pretty sure you need 3.3.X or 3.4.X and the suggested versions
> are better since they contain the latest bug and regression fixes.
> Also if you print through samba and have 64 bit clients 3.3.10 is the
> best version.
> John

Ok, thank you very much...

And we choosed Novell SuSE because they look very reactive, but it looks
like they are still at 3.2...

What is the best distribution for Samba ?

We need an extremely reactive and very stable solution, and this server
will serve as file and profiles server. We have XP, and will have Seven...

If you had a suggestion, it would be great :-)

Denis