[Samba] winbind and existing UIDs

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:59:10 MST 2010

I don't think you would want to install SFU to actually provide sevices
but just to enable the uid and other "unix" parameters  on the user
account properties in the Active Directory Users and Groups console in
Windows.  SFU unix is pretty useless otherwise.

This is just a guess but maybe you could then manually set/change the
uid for the windows side.   In which case Samba would see that the
imapping entry has already been taken care of and will not try to create
an entry -  which means you then wouldn't need to let samba write to
active directory anyway.

But as I said, I am just guessing at this point.