[Samba] Domain login delays w2k8 R2

Åke Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Tue Feb 2 11:03:11 MST 2010

Hello!

We have a w2k8 R2 64-bit machine in a Samba 3.4.4 controlled domain.
When logging in as a domain user there is a ~30 sec delay waiting
for the User Profile Service. This has nothing to do with the size
of the user profile. Looking at the network traffic I can see 2
gaps, the first about 11 sek and the second about 19 sek with
no packets sent except one TCP ACK (from the client) in each gap.

Between the gaps there is only a few packets sent. According
to WireShark it's a "Tree Disconnect Request" with response and
a "Logoff AndX Request" with response.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Åke Holmlund                                 Phone: 090 - 786 57 16
Umeå University                              Fax:   090 - 786 65 50
Dept of Informatics                          Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
901 87 Umeå
SWEDEN